Having acquired the site in Fenham, the School began the process of building what would become the Dame Allan's we know and love today. The sports pitches were laid out and the Pavilion, the first building on the new site, was opened in 1931.
In 1935, the main school buildings were opened by the Bishop of Newcastle. This included the Newsom Hall, which was intended as a memorial to Canon George Newsom. As the former Chair of Governors, Newsom was the driving force behind the move to Fenham.
After the crumpled buildings in the city centre, the new Schools were designed around two quadrangles to be filled with fresh air and natural light. Cottages were also built on the north-west corner of the site to house a groundsman and the caretakers, the Scotts, who moved with the school from College Street.
Further buildings were opened in 1938, including the Girls’ School gymnasium, the Boys’ Art Room, and the Dining Hall. Though much has changed, these three all perform the same function in the schools today.
Unfortunately, the end of the decade also saw turmoil for the Schools. In 1939, the Schools left the Fenham site and moved to Wigton on their first evacuation.